Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 16, 2008

On Our Way?!

Another beautiful Sunday. The sunshine sure does the spirit good! On Friday Tom started his physical therapy. The therapist said that there are somethings that Tom just will not be able to do as he did pre-op. There have been some muscles and nerves severed during his surgery that will hinder some of his movements. Once we return from his procedure Tom will have to be concentrating on this part of his recovery process. Tom said that it was somewhat painful and after he was done he sat for 20 minutes with ice packs.

Tuesday evening we head back to Ann Arbor for the next step in Tom's progress. I am not sure how this will work out, but I am bringing 3 books with me during this trip. We received a letter from the U of M that states on Wednesday Tom will get his Nuclear Octreotide injection. I will have to wait in the Family waiting room A while he is brought to Waiting Room D and then into the patient rooms for his procedure. On Thursday it states the Tom will have the Octreotide scan and Friday states that he will have a return visit (probably another scan). Tom and I will be heading back home Friday afternoon. How will this work and how long will these visits take? I can only guess that we will be there for a few hours each day. We'll see how true our estimate actually is. I hope to see a little more of Ann Arbor this trip over. Other than the night out with his cousin I only took one road into and out of Ann Arbor. Tom really wants to show me how neat the town is.

I hope to be able to blog again while we are at the hospital to let you know how things are going, and I truly plan on it being an uneventful visit as far a the medical aspect. I pray that Tom feels well during this trip and that he does not have a reaction from this medication. Thanks for all your words of encouragement and words of hope. As I keep telling Tom, I'm not a good cheerleader. He says, "You're here for me and that is all I need." I'm glad that he did set any high expectations for me. I am known as the pessimist of our family. Tom has always been the optimistic one. I know one thing for sure that I could not be handling this on my own and God has seen to it that I have so many of you for a sounding board. I know that I have shared this with you before, but I have these words pasted to the inside cover of my bible and have referred to this many times during our journey. They come from Jeremiah 10:23-24: "O Lord, I know it is not within the power of man to map his life and plan his course-so you correct me, Lord; but please be gentle. Don't do it in your anger, for I would die."

No comments: