Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hope

The eventful drive home Friday did not get interesting until just east of Battle Creek. Tom decided to head north and drive out of the snow and for the most part we did. I was glad that he did because later that day we heard of many accidents and could not believe how Kalamazoo was dumped on. Our next drive to Ann Arbor will hopefully be a pleasant one once again. We will be heading back to talk with Dr. Teknos about the results of all of Tom's scans on April 1st.

Tom is still sore from the positioning of his arms in the CT scan. He was sleeping better at the hotel and we decided that he needs a firmer pillow than we have at home to help prop his head higher and help with his air flow. The kids had signs to welcome dad home. It really made him smile as we pulled into the garage to see the first one and each kid pointed out where they contributed on the signs. The kids are also glad that the next trip down to U of M will be a one day affair.

Today is Easter Sunday a time to spend with family and look backward/forward at the choices we have made in our lives and hope for what the future has in store. Pastor Brian said today that his Hope for our community is that we Discover Hope. Tom and I do hope that the tests come back with good results. However I know that whatever the outcome will be my hope runs deeper than and is not focused just on this test. I said earlier that I am a pessimistic person and by nature I truly am. Without Jesus I would not have the "hope" I do today because it is against my nature. I hope your family has had a Happy Easter.

No comments: