Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Round & Round

Thanks to a little coaxing from my friends at work, I decided to leave work early to be with Tom for his surgery consultation. We went to the office where our appointment was scheduled by Tom's primary Dr. only to find the office dark & the door locked. Luckily the surgeon's office was in the same building as his primary. So, off we went to find out what was the mix-up. Tom's primary Dr. schedule him to be at one building and the surgeon had him scheduled at another building (we are back to being just a number). We will try again tomorrow at 4:30 to all be at the same place at the same time. At least Tom was able to get his blood work done while he was there. When the lab retrieved his paperwork, they had two of the same test requested; one from his primary and one from the oncologist. Does anybody talk with each other anymore? I hope that means they do not double bill us!

In the meantime I will expand about what I found of Tom's cancer. He has medullary thyroid cancer. There are 3 types of thyroid cancers (never knew that before) and the medullary is the more serious of the three. However, it still has a better success rate than if we were looking at the other endocrine cancers. That's all I know until we can finally meet with the surgeon. We are truly looking forward to being away from Dr's, schedulers, and hospitals. Seven days of nothing but sun, waves and little drinks with umbrella's in them. Thanks again for all the cards and e-mails it keeps our spirits up - and Tom likes opening these better than the medical bills :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,
I'm Jackie from Tom's work. I have been a resp. therapist since the 80's and have worked with patients who have had the type of problem Tom has. I also work nights and am off Sat., Sun. & Mon. nights, so if you want to call me feel free. I am going on vacation Aug. 7-17 but will be back to the same old grind after that. Ph: (616) 890-9567