Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2007

Each Day

It's been a busy Monday and the week will just keep getting crazier as we work, pack, clean, etc. Along with the daily hustle and bustle of life, we are also moving forward on the Cancer progress. Tom has an appointment on Wednesday, August 1 to consult with the ENT. Then it's to the lab for some blood work. I am so impressed with his primary Dr. who has been at the forefront to keep his progress moving. This weekend I was thinking, that I should become his patient because I have never known of a Dr. like him. We have never had a Dr. call our home and talk with us personally, make sure we understand the diagnosis, and make sure we are doing ok.

Tom will be attending this consultation alone on Wednesday, but I will have 100 questions about what his plan is. I have already met one of the surgeons at this office when Kyle had his tonsils out and was comfortable with his style. This is a big relief to feel confident in the one that is caring for my loved one. Once the PET scan results come back, and we consult with the oncologist on the 13th, I hope that we finally have more answers than questions.


Thanks to so many of you that have said you're a phone call away to help with anything. I'm not great at asking for help, but I'll work on not keeping the whole load on my shoulders. It's comforting to know that we have so many willing hands and hearts to share with life's tasks. I picked up a new book this weekend (I'm supposed to be saving it for vacation) that had in the acknowledgments the verse "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest four your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: