Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2007

Hurry up and Wait

After talking with the Oncologist, and getting the feeling there was a need for urgency, we are now on a waiting pattern. Friday came and went with no call from Radiology setting up the CAT scan. Finally Monday afternoon, Tom could wait no longer and called Oncology to find out the status. They explained to Tom that they would first need approval from the health insurance, this will take 2-3 days. Then they were coordinating one trip so that the CAT and PET scans could be done at the same time. The earliest scheduled time is the week of July 23. Who knows what it will be once the approval has been completed. Tom is getting anxious to get on with the tests and I have come up with about 20 more questions that will be somewhat answered after these results are in.

In the meantime, thank you so much for your words of encouragement and hope. We appreciate all the prayers that have been said for us. It's comforting to know that we are not alone in this fight. It is hard not to get anxious during this time when there is not much to go on but our limited knowledge of Tom's diagnosis and plenty of time to think and think. It's not by surprise that when I opened my purse today I found a little card that I kept from last years' bible study. It was a verse I had memorized from Philippians 4:6-7 and says: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since we talk daily (especially if it is going to be stormy weather!) I wasn't sure if I should Blog, too??

"I'M SCARED, I LOVE YOU AND THIS WHOLE SITUATION SUCKS!"

Good thing that we have family, friends, faith and some good Rum from down South!

BTW..I'll call you after the Tigers stomp some Minnesota rump!!