Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 7, 2008

What Next?

This past week was pretty busy, and December just started. The kids are enjoying the new fallen snow and keep inquiring about the first "snow day" when they first roll out of bed. The kids have taken to wearing their pj's inside out, putting spoons under their pillows (though I nixed the peanut butter on the spoon), and now want to try the flushing ice cubes down the toilet! What next?

Tom was not able to enjoy his weekend. Somewhere he contracted a nasty infection in his lower leg. By Friday we went to the doctor because it had quadrupled the original size. He is now on a antibiotic and cream to help fight the latest disease and we have to go back to the doctor next Friday. The swelling in his leg has gone down in the last 48 hours of taking his meds, but the purplish area is quite a sight! He definitely has a great tolerance to pain but I do catch him gingerly stepping on that leg. That did not stop him from the fun Christmas party on Friday evening nor driving his boys in the Christmas parade this weekend.What next?

While Tom was at his doctors office, he had his blood work done. In a couple of days we should have the newest Calcitonin results. On Thursday, December 11 he will have his PET/CT scan, which is a 4 hour procedure. The results are going to his primary doctor and they will call us with the results, usually within 3 business days. So by Christmas we should know what our next step should be. I keep asking with this disease if they will have a clear understanding of the test results but so far everyone I've asked and everything I've read is not leading to an absolute. What next?

I appreciate so many inquiries about Tom and his health. Some of you have shared tears with me as I try not to sugarcoat our life and am "being real" with this disease and all the hardships. However, I can not say that everyday is hard, it is precious! Tom and I have learned so many things during this journey and we will continue to hold each other up. I will continue to pray and listen to God's still, soft voice. What next?

Well, this year I have learned to give this all to God and let His will be done....I then have to give it all to him again and leave it with him instead of trying to take it back, as you can tell this is the hardest thing for me. I know I am not in control and who is. As it says in Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God" That is what is next.

No comments: