Total Pageviews

Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall

This fall has been different! The boys have a free schedule (though I think Cody misses football) and the kids either do not have much homework, or can handle it on their own. I can still hear the football whistles from our house and I have mixed feelings about the boys not participating. Our evenings have changed and I can say I enjoy my time at night. It is nice that the kids are becoming responsible and independent. This week our friends from Ohio called and were asking for some pictures of Tom at the U of M during his surgery. Their daughter is doing a report on cancer and Tom is her subject. I teased Tom that he is being studied now in another state, how cool!

Tom has been busy once again. He is out this morning with Kyle for the anterless hunt and I hope they get one as our freezer has one pound of venison burger left! I hate to pay the ground beef prices and see all the grease when it fries (sorry my Bambi huggers). Since our last doctors visit, Tom has a new attitude of "Just tell me when and where to be for the doctors, otherwise I'm just going to go on with life". I know that he is tired of being poked and the uncertanity of this disease. I, on the other hand, have gotten back onto the internet to find out all I can about the significance of the calcitonin levels, but not during the middle of the night. I have read a few conflicting reports, but I have also read some positive outcomes of MTC. I am focusing on the positives and being certain that each day our experts are making new discoveries and breakthroughs. I also have found a few things that are significant to MTC and will be asking a few questions when we go see this new doctor on Friday, October 17. Hopefully he will have a few answers.

I thank God for so many supporters and pray that Jesus also walks with you each day. We are in a series at church asking the Why> questions and though not all of them will be answered in this series, it has been good to discuss and know that it's OK to ask. Most important is the answers that our Lord gives us (interestingly not always the answers we expect) and the blessings his gives us along the way.

No comments: