Total Pageviews

Friday, July 4, 2008

Challenges

Happy 4th of July to everyone. I want to say thank you to all the people who have served and continue to serve our country. Even though we do not all agree on how our nation should go forward, and whom will be our leader, at least we have the freedom to voice our opinion.

Tom has been doing well. He has been pushing himself to get his energy level back to where it once had been. I was thinking the other day that it has been a while since I was up for long periods at night listening to his breathing. Next week I am going with Tom to his PT. I will learn the proper technique to give him a neck rub. Every time I do rub Tom's neck and he jumps from the "prickles" I stop, but Tom says that it is necessary to wake up his nerves. Tom was also able to see the new Lemmon-Holton Caner Center and said that is was quite impressive. I wonder how many times we will get to visit this new site.

Tom also received a letter last week from Dr. Teknos stating that July he will leave U of M to be affliated with OSU (yes I mean Ohio State University). Though we are saddened with this news we are wondering if this is an opportunity to bring Tom's care back to the West Side. I have since made phone calls and found out that we do have an Octreotide Scan here in GR. We will confirm with Dr. Teknos that his oncologist, Dr.Campbell and primary, Dr. Divic will continue Tom's care. It would definately be eaiser to plan a 30 minute trip than a half day trip, and nicer for the pocket book too!

Prayer warriors, please continue to pray for Tom's energy. Also for the path of Tom's continued care. Thanks be to God that Tom is doing so well. He has such a positive attitude. We have learned so much on this journey, more than we could every convey.

No comments: