Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Energy?!

Tom has been on his new Thyroid medicine and says that he is finally feeling more energy than before. However, it still does not compare to his pre-sickness levels. I hope that he will continue on this path until he feels at a comfortable level. He is amazed at how much better he feels compared to pre-surgery. He said that he really stuggled at work and now realizes how sick he truly was with his cancer. He was a little nervous going back after being off work for so long, but he said that it just clicked once he got back. I think along with so many things, Tom has a new "perspective" on life.

On Monday around 8:00 I sat the kids down to talk with them about their dad. For those of you that do not know how our house is layed out, we live in a multi-level with open stairs leading to the uppper/lower levels. When I have something serious to tell them I always lead them to the stairs to have our talk. Well last Monday was no different. I told them I had something to say about dad. They all walked over to the stairs to sit and listen. I don't really know how this started but it tickles me that they sit in birth order: Kyle at the top, Cody in the middle, and Katie at the bottom couple steps. I told them that the doctors have not said dad is cancer free. I told them that was why in March we would be gone for a few days. Cody looked realived when I said that are not confirming he still has his cancer, but the tests will tell us for sure. I also explained what the blood test that dad has done tells the doctors. They had a bunch of questions which I tried to answer to the best of my limited ability. Then I told them that people are praying at 8:00 every Monday for dad. I suggested we do the same. I prayed and told the kids that they could say something if they wanted. Katie had a few things to say. They boys were quiet and Katie looked up at them like "Say Something!" I said that it was ok to say things from their hearts that it was sometimes hard to say it out loud. Once we finished, they agreed to do it again every Monday.

Thanks to so many of you who are keeping our family in your prayers. We appreciate your words of encouragement and your willingness to help. I hope that you will join the Andrews family in prayer each Monday.

No comments: