Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2007

Home!

It has been another crazy day at the Andrews household. I called Tom about 12:30 to see if the Dr.'s had been in to see him during their afternoon rounds. No show was the reply. I checked again at 1:30 and was told to "Come and get me. I'm ready to come home." It was like sweet music to my ears. We finally hit home turf about 8:00 pm. Kyle was the first to see his dad, and did that kid smile big! The kids and Grandma had welcome home signs and posters everywhere. Parents walked in the doors and carefully hugged him.

We will not get a chance to miss the U of M Hospital as we have to head back Thursday am. Tom will have his stitches removed. Kids have a running joke on the total count of stitches he has in his neck. We will also cover post op surgery items and the oncology report. Tonight the chiefs of all the departments at the U of M Hospital will get together for their bi-weekly meeting. Once again Tom's case has been chosen as the case that they will study this month.

Stopped in at the pharmacy on the way home. Tom will continue taking all his different drugs and pain killers. After just a few hours of being out of the hospital and being home I can tell that Tom is beginning to struggle. Just one more small step to take. Tom just smiles and says, "Tonight I get to sleep with my nurse."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom !!!!

We here at South Campus have been following your progress daily and are VERY glad you are home. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Rose, Patty, Peg and the rest of your "other" nurses.

Anonymous said...

Hello Tom and Val. I am glad you are home Tom...under the loving care of darling Val. You look great in your photo. The Andrews family is in my prayers. Love to you all, Missy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tom! Glad to hear they let you come home for a few days. This must mean you're progressing and healing pretty fast. I'm sure it was great to see your kids, your dog, and your house. Try to take it slow and easy and you'll be back to normal in no time. Meanwhile, Robin and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Dan