Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Reality

The time has come to get ready to go. It is time for both of us to pack, and make sure we have things in order. It's almost like I'm stalling so that it will still seem far away. I know how I feel and that I want in some ways to say "Not yet". I can't begin to imagine what is going on inside of Tom. I think the reality of it all is now longer at bay for either of us.

I know that I've mentioned this to many of you, but I want to "officially" state how I will communicate during Tom's surgery. I will be making many phone calls to immediate family. If I can use a computer at the hospital I will try to update this blog anytime I get news. This may be a very helpful tool to inform many, and it may be good for me to focus my energy this way. If I can't get onto a computer at the hospital, I will get onto a computer asap and will update whenever it's possible.

I thought it was really cool that after practice on Friday, the boys from Cody's football team gave Tom a ball with all of their signatures. I could tell this really touched him and will make sure that it is in his hospital room at all times. So many people have touched both of our hearts that it is hard to express. My prayer is that we both stay calm and focused during our trip to Ann Arbor. I pray that the surgeons have success in getting all the cancer, and that Tom has a quick recovery. I want to share another verse that I wrote down a few months ago: "O Lord, I know it is not within the power of man to map his life and plan his course - so you correct me, Lord; but please be gentle. Don't do it in your anger, for I would die." Jeremiah 10:23-24

No comments: