Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Counting down the days

Well, believe it or not, we are getting somewhere! Dr. Teknos has approved the paperwork and it has been turned into Tom's Human Resources Dept! That is crucial in order to get approved for short term disability (when I've called it STD, it got lost in translation!) I did call our insurance once again to see if the surgery had been approved and as of 4:00pm Friday, it still had not. I called the nurse at U of M to make sure the paperwork had been submitted and we are able to have the surgery on the 3rd. I left her a message and hopefully Monday we will get some answers. Tom received a call from Dr. Divic's office stating that U of M is requesting more tests. Wednesday he goes to their lab for more blood draws and a EKG work up. I told him that he'd better get used to tests, as this will be the way of life for a while.

Kyle and Cody both lost their games last week. However, Kyle made a great play and it was cool to hear "Tackle made by Andrews" over the speaker! Katie starts cheer leading next week and is looking forward to being in Level 3, apparently that is big stuff! As I am writting this Tom and Kyle are out deer hunting, this is a special 2 day youth hunt. Tom's friend has invited them to hunt on 80 acres in Wayland Township. I have e-mailed all the kids teachers letting them know what's going to be happening in less than two weeks. They seem very supportive.

Tom is sleeping more, but it is not helping his energy level. I think that the reality of the surgery is sinking in. It's my turn to be strong as reality hits him. I am just trying to focus on what needs to be done before we leave. I don't know how many times we can say thanks for all the cards, letter, and generosity we are receiving. We will never be able to express how much this has meant to us.

No comments: