Total Pageviews

Friday, September 14, 2007

Another Week

Another week closer to Tom's surgery date. We are still waiting for papers to be signed by Dr. Teknos, waiting to see if Tom will be part of the genetic study from Dr. Campbell, and waiting for approval for the surgery by our insurance. I believe that we are both getting tired of waiting.

Both boys have missed some school this week due to the flu. I hope it does not spread to another member of this family, especially Tom! The boys also won their football games, each team won with 2 points above their opponents. It was enough to make me sit at the edge of my seat. I'm not sure if Tom prefers being the defensive coach for Cody, or having the fun of watching Kyle. He is sure enjoying both.

It is so nice to hear from people and know that we are so cared about. I was thinking today that we are actually prayed for all over the country. From Aunts and Uncles in Alaska to Arizona and between. OK Canucks, I guess it's 2 countries! I am so glad that this has been a tool for people to share. It's been hard to tell each person about Tom's condition, I forget what I've told to whom, and I'm glad to know that the word is getting around. Thanks for sharing thoughts and this website.

Please remember to pray specifically for Tom's energy level and constant sore throat, along with the digestive problems that brought him to the Dr. in the first place. Thanks friends and family, if nothing new happens, I'll try to post again next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys sorry we havent talked. Things have been busy here also.I am glad to hear you all are still upbeat.As always you are in our prays.I will be leaving the 24th of Sept for the Army, so Vona will have to keep me informed. Take care God bless and take care.

Love Pat,Vona,Patrick and Heather Chachulski.

leev said...

Val, just read your blog, wow 11 hours of surgery. I'm glad it's over and that Tom is doing better. I just talked to Aunt Ruth this morning, and were all thinking of you guys out here in AZ. You will be in our prayers.

Robb and Melissa Van Dyke