Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Love Is....

The sun is shining today making it look beautiful outside but it is totally deceiving....the high today is 5 degrees here is MI. Kyle has decided that work and a full college schedule is too much. He is a lot like his mom where he struggles with worrying about the things he can't control. He has relaxed after making his decision to concentrate only on his studies and I am glad to see that his stress level is down a few notches. Cody was feeling a little jipped that he was not getting snow days during his Senior year, but not to fear, there have been a few in January to make him feel better. He has been working out with the Boys Track team and we'll see if he decides to try out for Track this year. Katie is enjoying her high school career, but I do see her stress a little with some of her classes. I know that she can make it and will look back glad that she pushed herself with the classes she chose. Last weekend she attended the Snowcoming dance, and she looked beautiful. It's hard to see my baby looking all grown up!

For doubling the chemo, I have not noticed a big difference in Tom's typical day. He continues to struggle with pain and sleeping but the prescription that the GR Oncologist gave him last month seems to be helping in his up and down cycle of pain. He does not like to admit that he is even having a hard day & I have heard a few times when I ask how he's doing....wonderful. He pushes himself more than anyone I've known. I wish that I had half of his stamina to handle this disease with such a positive attitude. Last Friday he again saw the Oncologist here in GR and did not come back much of anything different to report. We keep in the back of our minds that next month we head back to AA to get the next scheduled scans and hopefully good results.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day & my hubby made sure that I felt very special once again. I went through the day reassured that I was loved. I was also glad that though the weather was not very cooperative, we were able to enjoy dinner with Tom's cousin and his lovely bride. We had a nice night out together catching up.

I know that when we are in the everyday bump and grind that we're not always looking out at the world with love starry eyes. However, it was confirmed (what I already knew) that he appreciated me and that he loved me. I did my best to reciprocate. All in all I reminded again about the acts of love and the importance of confirmation we all need. Sometimes my mind goes back to the very early days that we were still getting to know one another. I was head over heals in love with Tom, but I was not willing to tell him that at that time. We were walking into one of your favorite restaurants and he told me he wanted my heart. I told he he had a quarter and he said, that's not enough I want the whole thing. Funny that I almost said a line like "You had me at hello"! After spending 28 years with this man I have a hard time imagining life any other way. We get one chance to show those around us what they mean to us and share the love we feel. I attempt to show my love in the little things I do, that could go unnoticed, but I know that many times they don't. We all have our unique ways to show what Love is.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them bind them around you neck, write them on the tablet of your heart ~ Proverbs 3:3

No comments: