Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hello 2015....PLEASE BE KIND!

The start of a new year. The looking back of a year past (the good times, the hard times, the laughter and tears). The hopes of a new year, the promises it holds, and the resolutions we put on ourselves wondering all along if we will follow through. Let's all hope for a good 2015 and let life's ups and downs wash over as they may.

The younger two kids will be starting school again on Monday and I know that Cody's senior year will continue to fly by. Ready or not...this Mom and Dad need to get our plans into action! I remember when I was a youngster and my mother stating that as her first child went through High school and graduated time just seemed to fly by faster as we three kids got older. When I was 12 years old I didn't understand, but as they says "Mom's always right" and now I know what she means :)

Tom celebrated another birthday yesterday...this year less mobile than last. As his pains increase his sleeping decreases causing a downward spiral & a much slower lifestyle. Let's back up though for a moment. In December U of M presented Tom's case to the tumor board. The current chemo that Tom is on has failed. While it has kept some of his cancer stable other areas such as liver, bone & lungs have seen increased activity. Some of the legions on the liver has increased 25% from his last MRI. This resulted in the decision to double the current dosage of his chemo for the next 3 months. However, the chemo is causing a lot of the kidney function issues so his labs will be monitored closely to ensure the effects are not too dangerous. Tom also had his scheduled infusion yesterday (yeah, happy birthday my love) and saw the Oncologist here in Grand Rapids. Tom has had a bad couple of weeks dealing with pain and management has not been easy or always successful. They went over his prescriptions and added another pain med that should help Tom to keep his pains at bay. Because of the medications he is on and his organ functions he will be seen again next month in GR. They also increased his Zometa infusion yesterday and he once again had a hard time afterwards. He barely ate yesterday and even laying on the couch couldn't find a comfortable position. I felt so bad for him I wanted to cry.

This week as we rang in the New Year with friends and celebrated being able to keep awake past midnight. I enjoyed the companionship and the light atmosphere (taking first place in Euchre didn't hurt either) :)
I look back on these last 28 years with my loved one ringing in the new year, plans we made, the good and bad we walked together through, and the hopes we still "dream" about. I know that I have been much loved, forgiven for my wrong doings, appreciated for what I've contributed, and have attempted to reciprocate the same to my family.

I typically end with a verse but instead would like to attempt another poem this one to my hubby:

To A Wonderful Life

To the man that I love and made me his wife
He has worked so hard to give me a wonderful life
The children we raised and the time that we share
Are treasured in my heart and deeply buried there
Times has flown past and held both ups and down
But how you've made me laugh through them, I couldn't keep a frown
For so many dreams we shared from the start
So many made true so many from the heart
I couldn't imagine life another way
Feeling so blessed as we wake to another day
My dear husband how can I say how much I love you
Everyday how I am blessed to spend it with you too
Thank you my dear for a wonderful life
With all my love, your wife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valerie, you and Tom and family are in our constant prayers. Your ministry, as difficult as it has sometimes gotten, is a true testimony of God's love and unending strength in your marriage and zest for life. Be still and truly know...He is constant and good!
Greg & Mary Maichele