Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Can You Handle it?

Kyle has been hard a work both for his college classes and has taken on a 2nd shift job at UPS. He leaves for work when I go to bed, it's been a little hard to sleep know that my boy is on these icy Michigan roads lately. I'm sure it's hard being a broke college student, but Tom and I try to make it as pain free as we are able. Kyle seems to enjoy this job and is very excited to take advantage of the Tuition Reimbursement next semester. Cody had his senior pictures taken & it has been hard to pick which ones to display. For a boy who never smiles for the camera we have it narrowed down to 6 (yes he is smiling in many) after much discussion and looking at them time and again. Last week Katie had her Swim Banquet and Tom and I laughed as the Team Captains gave out their own "fun" awards. She was awarded as "Most likely to ask a question" Tom and I nodded to each other and said "That's our girl, they know her well"!!! I have many times call her my mini-me, but she is not the shy teenager as her mother so painfully was.

Tom has been again having better days. His sleep pattern has still been iffy and he still needs his sleep meds to get any sleep at night. Though last night I heard him get up a lot & when I questioned him he said it was just one of those nights. He has tried to keep himself busy during the day & I appreciate all that he does for our family. He has even been in the mode of trying new recipes. Not that he is eating them, but he prepares them for his family. I tell him when he gets a taste for something to eat it. Sometimes it takes a couple of bites and he's done, but it sure does beat cereal or ensure drinks all the time. Tom even felt up to deer hunting again. Though he does not hunt as in years before cancer, he was able to enjoy mother nature and took two deer. It is good to see him looking forward to things such as this and a big thanks to Alex for being able to be out there with him.

Medically speaking the U of M did confirm that they received his MRI, but they will wait until the December visit to get the results of his liver legions. Tom's PCP called yesterday to say that the Radiologist in GR looked over his MRI and stated that they compared past and present scans and though all the legions are still present, it appears to be stable. As he is feeling better I would not want them to up his dosage and have Tom go back to a lesser quality of life unless absolutely necessary. We both know that his team of doctors will do what is best for Tom's quantity/quality of life.

Over the past years there have been many people who give us the cliche sayings and and I know that they have meant the best by it. I have also heard others show a little frustration about the same saying as it is not comforting to them. The one that comes to mind is that "God will never give you more than you can bear" I hear that and think positively. My faith states that He brings us to it and will lead us through it & to me is it comforting to hear. I think that anything in life is done by design (whether we understand it or not is another matter). Some people crumble under trying circumstances and some people turn to other things (can be substances) when they are having a hard time in life. I have always turned to the one I know with certainty will help me through a trial just like He does through the good times (when I am less likely to call on him). Sometimes we make it through with little scarring and other times we wonder how we made it at all. The question is not whether someone will have highs and lows in life because we all do. The question is how is one going to handle it?

There are so many verses that I want to post, but this is the one I chose for this time:

Hebrews 12:12-13 "So take a new grip with your tired hands, stand firm on your shaky legs, and mark out a straight, smooth path for you feet so that those who follow you, though week and lame, will not fall and hurt themselves, but become strong."

No comments: