Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Plan

It has been busy in the Andrews' household and I think that is a good thing. Last Saturday Tom and I were treated to a wonderful Valentine's dinner with friends It was great to see kids working so hard to raise money for a mission trip and the company that we had put our hearts on a lighter mood for the weekend. Tonight the kids are on their first evening of Mid Winter Break. They are relishing no school on Friday and Monday. However, I have changes coming up this weekend. My last day is Friday for my current employer, another grueling test on Saturday, and on Monday I start 2 days orientation for my new job. Changes are not easy for me and this is already a challenging time in life, but it will help bring a better life for the family.

Tom has made an appointment and gotten material from the Karmanos Cancer Center in Detroit. He has a meet and greet on Friday, February 26. At the first meeting Tom believes that they will do an exam and go over his medical history. A plan will be put together for his 2nd visit and then it will be implemented. His brother-in-law is taking Tom to Detroit and I am grateful that Tom does not have to make this trip alone. Tomorrow Tom will be getting his monthly blood drawn and he should get the latest results before his Detroit visit.

Last night Tom and I attended our first meeting for the Relay for Life. We are gearing up and getting ready for the walk in August in Barry County. The committee seemed to be organized and the people that attended were a fun bunch! I am looking forward to connecting with others that have a same life experiences that our family is going through. Our family picked the name of Sleep Walkers as it is fitting for the 24 hour walk as well as Tom's profession. Thank you to those who have already joined us and/or donated to our cause. We are overwhelmed again by the generosity of others.

Last Sunday Tom and I stood up for a prayer at church and were surrounded with people praying with and for us; I could not help but thank God that we are not alone in the fight. I know that people we have never met have been praying on our behalf and that is more than the mind can comprehend. I can't begin to tell each of you how much your words, cards, and gifts have meant to us. Thanks to all of you and may you in turn also be rewarded for your generosity.

Psalms 65:3-3 "And because you answer prayer, all mankind will come to you with their requests. Though sins fill our hearts, you forgive them all."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still following, still praying.