Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Call

Mondays are always hard to get back into the swing of things. I was feeling pretty good about it until I got home from work. Tom had me accompany me as he got fitted for a suit for this weekends Father/Daughter dance. On the way there he told me that Dr. Divic called him today. You know it's never good when the doctor tells you to get him no matter what he's doing.

Tom's Calcitonin is now 1,000 at this point which is a jump of 333. We can now know why as the CT scan has found tumors in his liver and on his spine. At this point we can only speculate what will be done. Dr. Divic did state that this is not operable. Dr. Divic is optimistic that this cancer has not turned aggressive and that we have caught it in such a minute stage. He was thinking there is a possibility of Chemo followed by Radiation. I am convinced that Chemo is not an option for this type of cancer. February 11 we will get the final answer from Dr. Worden at the U of M.

Tom is being so brave. He was trying to joke with me tonight between my tears. God has given him a unique sense of humor! He is being so tough for my sake. We have decided to talk with the doctors before we tell the kids what is going on. They just need to be kids right now!

All we can ask for is prayers for guidance once again from the doctors. I am so glad that we have an established Thyroid Cancer Oncologist.

Psalms 57:1-3 "O God, have pity, for I am trusting you! I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the storm is past. I will cry to the God of heaven who does such wonders for me. He will send down help from heaven to save me, because of his love and his faithfulness. He will rescue me from these liars who are so intent upon destroying me."

No comments: