Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Next Step

It amazes me how fast time flies. Kyle and I were having the generational talk about time getting faster as we get older. I warned him that when he looks back at the High School years some day it will seem like a short span in his life. Cody's football team has not won a game this year, but he has made some great tackles and he is enjoying it! Katie loves the Michigan History study that her class is doing. At this point she is talking about wanting to be a teacher. I love her ambition!

For the month of September, Tom is at a slower pace. It has been nice to have him at home in the evenings. He is taking a much needed breather in his hectic life. He told me yesterday that he thinks the newest medication is working with his swelling, and I am grateful for this small relief. Though he still deals with daily aches and pains, he keeps smiling and telling me that he is just glad to be here. As we have just passed the 2 year anniversary of his surgery, I have counted this time as a precious gift.

I had a conversation with Tom's primary doctors office and was told that our insurance has denied Tom seeing the U of M Oncologist. Since the University is "Out of Network" they would like Tom to see another Oncologist at a Thyroid Clinic in Detroit. Tom has decided that we will stay with his current Oncologist on the West side of the state. Since this is the case, I have chosen to have a much needed conversation with someone in the Oncologist office as to our future relationship. I am just not sure who is the best person to talk to. However, it is time for Tom to get his blood count again and that opens the door the lack of communication with this office. This will not be easy and I hope that we can work together moving forward.

Please continue to pray for Tom and his struggles. Also that the conversation will go smoothly and stay positive with whomever I speak with at the Oncologist Office. Lastly that we do not get discouraged in the path that we have been set upon.

No comments: