Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PET Results

Today was Katie's picture day and we had fun last night picking out an outfit for her day. It was a great opportunity to go through her clothes and get rid of the things that are too small. Tom and I were able to see Kyle in the band last Friday during half-time. I never saw that child step so lightly before! Cody will have his first football game tomorrow and he is totally into it!!! I believe that they have him in offense, defense, and special teams so he will be on the field more than off.

I called Tom's primary doctor today asking about the PET Scan. Their office manager is on maternity leave so things are running a little differently there. Dr. Divic called me back and said the scan shows normal in the neck and chest. He is still perplexed about the Calcitonin numbers. He said that we should be back to monitoring the blood and waiting for another 4 to 6 months to see what happens. He inquired about seeing the Oncologist, either Dr. Campbell or going to the U of M. I explained that at this point we do not have any appointments as we are waiting for our insurance company to approve switching out of network doctor in Ann Arbor. It was funny that he had to ask me what I talked about to his Office Manager before she left. She is truly missed by more than just her staff.

We turn back to daily focusing on "life" again for a while. I believe that both Tom and I felt relief when we got the news. However, we are still all keeping that number in the back of our minds. Life is so fragile and we all need each other to hold each other up and accountable for our actions while we live. We are not given the understanding today to know why things happen and what purpose this bears unto our lives but I believe this verse from Ecclesiastes 7:14

"Enjoy prosperity whenever you can, and when hard times strike, realize that God gives one as well as the other - so that everyone will realize that nothing is certain in this life."

No comments: