Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Phone Tag

What a stormy, humid day we are experiencing. I am very grateful to have air conditioning today. All of our children's birthday parties are done for the year (we enjoyed spending time with family & friends) and the kids had a great time at all of them. For Cody's 13th Tom and the guys played Paint Ball. They all came back with smiles and many had a few war bruises too. Then it was off to Band camp for the week. Tom and Kyle returned yesterday from Camp at Fort Custer in Battle Creek. They both came home tanned and tired. I believe Tom was surprised at the walking he did last week. Was it comparable to the marching the kids did? They both seemed to have had a good experience.

I decided to not post last week as I was awaiting answers to my voice mails that I left at various offices. Hands down to Tom's primary office once again! The Office Manager was the only one to return my phone call. They have not had a status update on the PET Scan and she said that she would not be surprised if there was no determination until mid week next week. Tom also tried to do the oxygen test 1 1/2 weeks ago. There is a small machine that hooks a clamp to the tip of your finger and it monitors the levels that Tom is breathing in. Even though Tom taped it heavily to his finger he took it off sometime during the night. When he woke up the next morning he knew that he must have taken it off somehow in his sleep as it couldn't have just fallen off. They are now trying to reschedule getting the machine back to Tom so that he can retake it as they only recorded 2 hours. I do have to add that Tom's Case Manager was on vacation last week. I hope to hear from her no later than Tuesday to get some type of update.

I also appreciated getting advice from an acquaintance about the procedure of Insurance Companies and a few tips about getting results. Tom and I talked about how to go about fighting these denials and that I should be the one to handle these important steps. I do feel better prepared if there should be another denial. I also know that I have the backing of Tom's doctors and their assistance in anything that we need. I am so grateful for the prayer warriors that put forth our various needs before our God. I don't know how we can keep focused without their words of encouragement an knowing that we are not alone. Thank you a million time over!

This leads me to the passage about being persistent in prayer for the things we need. There is a story in Luke that says a friend pounds on a man's door at midnight asking for something to eat and the man does not want to help at this hour. The Bible says: "But I'll tell you this-though he won't do it as a friend, if you keep knocking long enough he will get up and give you everything you want-just because of your persistence. And so it is with prayer-keep on asking and you will keep on getting; keep on knocking and you will keep on finding, knock and the door will be opened. Everyone who asks, receive; all who seek, find; and the door is opened to everyone who knocks." Luke 11:8-10
This does not mean that our Father is unjust or sleepy but that we should be persistent in prayer. Praying aggressively for the doing of God's will & honor of God's name . Keep pounding on heaven's door till the Lord answers. Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Valerie! Thank you again for keeping us up to date and helping us through your words and readings. You are awesome!