Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fragile Life

We are definitely into football season once again at the Andrew's household. Cody had his first week of football practice and he was all smiles on Thursday when he could "make contact". Kyle will be on the field this Friday night during the first Wayland football game half-time band performance. The game is Wayland Wildcats vs. Jenison Wildcats. For those who do not know, I grew up in Jenison. When asked by Katie who I will be cheering for, I told her the Wildcats of course! She told me that if I cheer during Jenison's good fortune she will have to tickle me :)

There was another round of phone calls during the week. The Grievance Coordinator called to confirm information about Tom's case & to ask further questions. I am told that on Wednesday he will present the case to the committee and that our Case Manager will let me know the outcome. Tom had his blood work done last week and if the results can be forwarded by the time of presentation, it will also be included. On Friday, Tom's primary office called and said that his Thyroid levels were a little low. He will need to get a small tweak of his medicine. His results for the oxygen test were also completed. His oxygen levels are considered normal.

As we patiently await for the results of yet another round of insurance approvals, calcitonin levels, and x-ray readings; we continue with life. Today in church our pastor was talking about how fragile life is as there have been two young deaths in our community. This touched my heart and made me think about the many people who are asking "Why" Though that is a valid question, I believe that we sometime focus on the question when it could be a time of deepening our faith & letting God lead the way of His will. I will conclude with a verse our pastor shared:

Psalm 24:1-2 "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters."

No comments: