Total Pageviews

Monday, February 9, 2009

Spoke too soon

After blogging last night Tom's Oncologist called today with the results of his latest blood work. His Calcitonin levels has shot up to 298. This is the highest level since pre surgery. It is not what we wanted to hear, but Tom is taking it rather well. He just told me to step up those College classes! At this time he is not going to worry about it, and see what happens when they poke him in March at the U of M. I however do not share my husband's "wait and see" attitude. I am not sure how he goes on with his daily grind. He does it with a smile. He just keeps reminding me it is out of his hands. It is definitely something I need reminding of today.

Tonight I remember Psalms 40:1-2
I waited patiently for God to help me; then he listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me as I walked along.

No comments: