Total Pageviews

Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF

It is a rainy one today. It is not the best day for the last high school football game of the year. Though I was considering going to it, I guess I'm a fair weather kind of fan because I have decided to open a window and listen to the announcers from the comfort of my home. That's one advantage to being close to the school. We had parent teacher conferences and again all the kids are doing as expected. They have all made improvements and I know where our challenges lie again this year. Who said the that parents have the "easy" job?

Tom continues to balance home, work, and the task of instructing. He is working on a presentation that he has to give next Wednesday. Luckily Kyle is, what I consider, hi-tech and is helping his father put together a powerpoint. All those months of Kyle making little movies and such has given him the understanding of how the software package works. It is interesting to watch son teach father.

The order for a PET/CT scan is now in the hands of Tom's primary doctor. His office manager has called me to confirm that they are submitting this to have it scheduled. The insurance will more than likely need a Letter of Medical Necessity, which I believe holds up the procedure more so than the other types of scans. We have time to wait anyway so this time I am not jumping on the phone everyday to see if it has been approved.

Thanks again for all the phone calls, e-mails, and conversations. I know that it is hard to understand the procedures and the past week the question was asked by many, why do you have to wait so long for another test? The best answer I can give is that the doctors do have a plan of attack and are being cautious in this plan. I have confidence in these doctors that are caring for Tom. I also have faith that even though I do not understand the path that we are on right now, there is a purpose for events that happen in our lives. This summer as I was on one of my many walks I stopped asking the "why" is this happening. I acknowledged this hard path and started asking God, "what" do you want me to do with this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tommy and valerie, you never cease to amaze me with your courage and your strength, you are the strongest individuals that i have known in my life and i thank god for you. i am sure that the journey that you are on now is for some kind of reason, i know that god put's situations is our path for all kind's of reason's, and that he will never give you anything that you can not handle, keep up your fight and i will be with you all the way, i love you guy's,lori