Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No More Surgeries!

Tom was released today from the hospital. He did not sleep well and must have proved that he was doing well by walking the halls for 1/2 the night. Do they understand that he is a 3rd shifter? He had a roommate about 3:30 a.m. and then could not sleep after they brought him in. He walked the halls for about 1/2 hour at a time, I had no problems sleeping however.

It is nice to be home again. Tom slept most of today and is saying that his stomach is a little painful. He is trying to handle the pain with Tylenol but will probably take a vicodin to sleep tonight. He is talking well and his breathing seems to be back to normal. He will need to see Dr. Vanderkolk on May 23, but other than that, no major restrictions until then. It seems that all we do is spend our vacation days in hospital rooms this year. It would be nice to have a different type of get-away!

The kids were all so happy to see us both home again. They were asking dad lots of questions about how he is feeling. I hope they understand that this is not an on-going procedure like his cancer. Thanks to both the Grandmas for helping in our emergency. It was nice to know they were lovingly taken care of while we were gone. Thanks again for all the phone calls and concern. This surgery was much easier than the last. I mentioned to Tom that when the billing is done, I'm sure that we will have exceeded our "Out of pocket" expenses. I jokingly told him that if he needed anything else "Taken care of" now was the time because we should not make this a yearly habit!

I pray that Tom will continue to feel better. I pray that he will continue to live a healthy lifestyle so that he will be with me for many more years to come. Each time we have these emergencies in our lives, I'm learning how precious our time is together.

1 comment:

Sachin said...

I wish Tom well. And appreciate the grit of your entire family and you in the face of adversity.