Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

It's always so busy this time of the year, but I thought it was important to acknowledge this wonderful holiday. We have already had a few parties under our belt these last few weekends and have enjoyed all of them. It's Christmas Eve and Katie will be singing in the choir tonight which brings back some of my family to our hometown. The boys are not so excited to go to church again truthfully since "We were just there yesterday". However, I hope they get the meaning of what Christmas is and who this holiday is for. Unlike the commericals, it's not all about "me".

Tom has not improved much in the last (almost) week. His breathing issues and coughing are persistent. He tires easily and that frustrates him. Tom is really starting to peal. It looks very painful and some of the new skin on his right side looks raw as though it were not ready yet to come off. I can't scratch him long enough or hard enough to make that itchy feeling go away. I worry I will do more damage than good when I sink my claws in. As Tom starts feeling better he will have a hard time waiting to go back to U of M to get his exam at the end of January. I know we are both looking to turn the page to a New Year.

As I look back at 2007 and see the roller coaster ride we've been on I think about so many things. I am grateful that Tom has pulled through and done so well under the circumstances. I look at my family and see how blessed we are and how precious our children are to both of us. I see our extended family and thank God for their support. I think of our friends and don't know how we could ever repay what they've done and realize how much they are an extension of "family". I think about our church and know that many of our "faith family" have upheld us in their prayers daily. I also think about the people we work with and how they have helped us. We have heard from people that we do not often communicate with some we have lost touch with. So even though this year has held many challenges for us physically, mentally, and emotionally I just wanted you to know that I thank God for you.

1 comment:

Hollywood Joey Williamson said...

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Praying for you all always