Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thankful

The staff at the hospital believe Tom may have caught a bug last week and told him that it can really effect a person in Tom's state of well being. Tom continues to have his sore throat and our frig is now stacked with many different flavors of liquids on the days he decides to make that his meal. His weight fluctuates daily, and he is hoping for it to be on the down side of the scale! His treatment is sometimes less than two hours, and he has to remain patient when it exceeds even the two hour expectation. We have truly learned what a small world we live in. At the hospital we have run into many people from "our neck of the woods", somebody we know, or in conversation with a stranger a connection of someone we both know. I think the conversations in the Radiation Oncology waiting room really is a neat experience in itself. While I was waiting for Tom to finish his treatments I thought of the things I am thankful for...My husband, my children, my family and their support, friends and acquaintances that have been so helpful and generous, and above all God's peace in this hard time. I know life isn't always what we wish or think it should be, but who would I be if I did get everything in life I expected? Would I even like that person or enjoy the good things in life if I never knew of the rough roads? I know what I'm thankful for and who to thank. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val,

Thank You so very much for your strength and your helping all of us get through this time. Your faith is sustaining many.


Dave