Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Personal Connections

The fall athletics are in full stride. Katie had her first swim meet on Thursday. Half of her team is made up of Freshman and I am excited to see how they develop. She is working hard in the water and conditioning on land. Stairs are not her friend right now. I took her through the High School open house and we followed her schedule a couple of times so that she would know where her classes were. Since I did not attend this school or help the boys I was not sure of the class locations myself and told many parents we were like the blind leading the blind. So glad she felt somewhat confident before she left. Cody had his first football game Thursday night. Though they lost to our neighbors and rivals I was glad that I came to see them in the second half. After supporting football for 11 years it's a weird feeling to know this is the final year to watch my boy. He too has been conditioning and walks the stairs a little slower than preseason. Kyle started his second year at FSU Monday. He is definitely enjoying it so far. He had to stand up in front of class and he told me it was no big deal. Gone is my shy boy and I see a confident young man...but I still lovingly call him my "little guy"

Tom has been doing well on this new chemo drug. I believe that he has had a total of 4 days thus far where he has been down and on the couch. He overall has been feeling better than he had for years. It has been good to see him up and motivated again. He has been keeping himself busy as the President of the Boosters. As many of you know he is an organizer, likes to have structure, and is working hard on getting the "We want you" word out. For the past month he has been working on the concession stand lay outs and changing how the prep stations flows. In the past week his food orders have come in and he has been putting them away....it's been hard work & his has come home exhausted. Though sometimes I worry about him getting too exhausted, I am glad he has a focus and purpose in his day. He is looking forward to Tuesday when he truly has the house to himself. I on the other hand will have to share the kitchen with the kids. Let the new routine begin! Next month Tom and I will head back to Michigan for scans and results. Tom and I hope that the Chemo is doing its job & that he does not have to up the dosage.

I have been writing out the versus I have underlined in my Bible for the past months. It has been interesting to remember why I decided to underline & what I still find as profound this next walk through. Sometimes I can remember what I was thinking or how that particular verse hit me when I underlined. In this same book is my ever growing list of who I am praying for, when I started praying and sometimes what in particular I was focusing on for that person. Some have been answered and I also have an end date. One day as I was looking over my multiple pages I noticed that so many of my requests were about relationships. It struck me of how important relations are...how we strive, struggle, or sometimes decide to let go. Each person I believe is placed into our lives not by chance, but by design. I know that life can feel great, be a struggle, or just exhausting. A few years ago I felt so alone after loosing my brother. I know that I was not and I could reason that I had so many friends and those who supported me; but I couldn't shake the feeling. Then one day I realized that no matter who was in my life (and they do matter) that I had one that could never leave me. My relationship with Him surpassed all others. He is one that will never leave my side & so many things just felt better. I hope that whatever life throws to you; You are NEVER ALONE!

Isaiah 50:4 "Morning by morning he wakens me and open my understanding to his will"

No comments: