Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easter Season

Spring is here! So glad to see the sunshine and that most of the snow has disappeared. We have hit the 50's a few times & I am looking forward to the constant warming temps (hopefully in our near future). The younger two are on Spring Break and though I will be working and we are not going away; Tom has a few things planned for the kids to do. Kyle will be working 45 hours and still has his college courses. Though I know that Kyle's not particularly looking forward to this week, it's only for a week.

Tom completed his 10 radiation treatments about 2 weeks ago. Even though he had a mouth guard to stop the radiation from bouncing around from his fillings, he still ended up with mouth sores. This has again prevented him from eating the meals he so started to enjoy. Along with the mouth sores Tom also has fatigue which is typical with the treatment has really drained him. It is nice to see him up and about when the sun is shining as it has been good for his spirits! Tom was able to be at Plainwell Schools to talk with the high school students about careers in Healthcare last week. I know how much he loved being a Polysomnographic Tech and was glad he could share his experience. Other than having an infusion, Tom does not have anything medical until June. He was able to work it out so that he could be at the U of M the same week that Cody will be in Football camp. I know that they are both looking forward to this week as this will be Cody's last experience at The Big House.

We had a fun night and a successful Cancer Suck Euchre Tournament. Though I was not even close to being a winner I had a great time. We had so many people helping us either with donations OR volunteers to run the different programs that night. I know that Tom was worn out by the end of the evening but he would not sit down much and pushed himself. We are so grateful for what everyone did to help our family...THANK YOU!

This year I did not give up Chocolates or desserts as I have int he past. Instead I have been working on "saying nice things" as I have a post-it on my work computer. It matters how we think, what we say, and how we say it. It's all in the attitude. I am not by nature a positive person so I need to train my head/heart in this way. This is Lent season and I can't think of a better time to start being positive as we have so much to be grateful for. I have been contemplating about sharing this moment for a week now, but feel that I should share it. One night Tom and I were talking about our past, the good times we had and where our family was headed until we heard the life changing words (You have Cancer). We were sharing the "Why do you love me" with each other. I ask him why and he said "Because you stayed with me"

1 Peter 1:3-7 "Now we live in the hope of eternal life because Christ rose again from the dead. And God has reserved for his children the priceless gift of eternal life; it is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And God, in his mighty power will make sure that you get there safely to receive it, because you are trusting in him. It will be ours in that coming last day for all to see. So be truly glad! There is a wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here. These trial are only to test your faith, to see whether or not it is strong and pure.

No comments: