Total Pageviews

Monday, March 22, 2010

Focus

It's already the end of the month. I can't believe how times flies. I looked at my last post and realized it had been a while. It felt like I just did it yesterday! The boys school reports were good. Kyle missed the honor roll by 1/2 a grade in one class. He thought he had made it so needless to say that he was disappointed. Cody and Katelynn both had improvements over last Tri's grades. Tom and I are pleased with all their reports.

Last weekend we did a crazy thing. We picked out puppies!!! I don't think it was all crazy, maybe getting 2 could seem that way to some. Animals are just a part of our family. As my sister reminded me "You wrote that you wanted a dog every year on your Christmas wish list!" It has been a good focus for our children to see "Life" and to have some laughter again in our home instead of the heaviness that has been around since the beginning of the year. Anyway, we are now enjoying the company of Brooklyn and Savanah, picture included.

Tom is waiting for Karmanos to let him know that he is approved for the trial. He is hoping to hear from them yet this week. Tom is enjoying working his 3 days and has cut down on his other duties for now. I think that he has been energized by this slower schedule and I hope that he decides to take a breather more often. Tom is really focused on the Relay for Life and I think that it will be a fun event this summer. So far we have 12 walkers and Tom is hopeful that we will have 15 this year. You know Tom and planning. He is the man for the job!

As my favorite holiday is approaching, I reflect on how my life/year has been going. What has been my focus? What do I want to change yet this year or improve? Am I following the path that I was set upon? We may not always have a smooth straight path but I think that it's important to ask if we are making the best of where we are. I know that looking back I can always do things differently. I just pray that I'm doing things right here and now while I have the chance to.

Psalm 139:1-5 "O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment, you know where I am. You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head."

No comments: