Total Pageviews

Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

Tom, along with our calenders has turned another year older! He was looking forward to turning the page and doesn't mind saying so. It also lifted his spirits with the Michigan victory on January 1st. What a tribute to the retiring Lloyd Carr. I'm sure our Ohio friends could hear our house cheering!? Now it's back to school, work, and the long winter days. Just like the slightly longer amount of daylight, Tom is getting a little stronger each day, but he still tires easily as he works on small house projects. I can tell that his strength is not what it was a few months ago. It's amazing to me that 3 months ago he was so sick and tired of being sick before his surgery. I remembered thinking "if we could just get through the surgery" but that was only a small piece of his recovery process. I know that he is not the last to fight this type of disease, but I sure wish that nobody else would have to go through this difficult recovery. However, we both have a new respect for others that suffer with many type of illnesses. It is so reassuring when talking with other couples that have been/are going through a similar types of situation that what we feel, think, and focus on are normal for our life at this point and time. Thanks to all of you once again for your support. I don't think that I can say it enough times to truly say how much you have touched our hearts. I think doing this blog has helped many of you see a part of our family as much as it has been cheep therapy for myself personally.

As we look forward to what 2008 has to bring, I hope that it brings health and happiness to all. We are looking ahead to small things such as when we will get the boat out, what improvements to work on, and what family movie we will watch next. Tom is looking forward to the next PET scan that shows no cancer. The kids will say they are looking forward to the next break from school. I hope that we can go back to life as normal. OK not the old normal but a new and appreciated normal. I hope that 2008 brings you all that you've wished for.

No comments: